Shindig Weekender have teamed up with Ghetto Funk to offer aspiring DJs the opportunity to win a set at this year’s event in the Ghetto Funk Nightclub. The winner will be playing alongside huge acts including: Sugarhill Gang, Furious 5, Stanton Warriors, Krafty Kuts, A.Skillz, Koan Sound, JFB, WBBL, Stickybuds, Featurecast, Father Funk, HongKongPingPong to name a few…
The first prize winner will get to play at the festival in the Ghetto Funk Nightclub on Friday 26th May. You will be the opening act for this years event and the first person to play in the Ghetto Funk Nightclub in 2017! The winner will also get 2 weekend tickets to the festival and a goodie bag full of stickers, t-shirts, vinyl and some other treats!
- Upload a 30 minute mix to Soundcloud of the kind of music you would play as the opening set in the Ghetto Funk Nightclub.
- Name the mix ’Ghetto Funk & Shindig Weekender 2017 Competition Entry’ and upload it to your Soundcloud. Once you have uploaded your mix, send the link to email@example.com so we can add you to the playlist.
- In the description tell us exactly how you created the mix, so what equipment you used (example 2 x Technics decks and a mixer with vinyl)
- Use the Ghetto Funk & Shindig Weekender 2017 Competition artwork as your cover art – download it HERE.
- There is no need to tracklist your mix but it always helps to know what we are listening. Your mix must have been uploaded no later than Friday 31st March 2017.
Judging & Results:
Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not only), positive feedback, tune selection, originality and technical ability. The final decision will be made by Ghetto Funk & Shindig Weekender and the special guest judges – JFB (Tuntabalist Champion), Mojaxx (DJ City), Spinforth (Scour Records) and Will & Slim (Ghetto Funk). The competition will run from now until 6pm Friday 31st March. You must submit your mix by this date. 10 entrants will be shortlisted by Ghetto Funk & Shindig Weekender based on the ‘buzz’ around their mix and the suitability of it being playing in the Nightclub. Then the final 10 will be judged by all judges and they will be pick the winner. No travel is included in the prize so bear this in mind if you live outside the UK, the festival is deep in the heart of Somerset in the South West of England.
- Record a banging mix (approximately 30 minutes)
- Upload the mix to Soundcloud with correct labelling (see above)
- Hype the mix from when you upload it to closing date of the Contest – get sharing!
- Keep 26th – 28th May 2017 free!
Launch Date: 17th March 2017
Last Submissions: 31st March 2017
Winners Announced: 14th April 2017
Terms and Conditions:
No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. If the winner has already purchased his/her Shindig Weekender tickets, they will be refunded for the full cost by the festival. The final decision lies with Ghetto Funk & Shindig Weekender.